Use for Velvet, Hexamita, Fish Lice, or Gill & Skin Flukes
Does Not Discolour Water
Easy to Measure Packet Dosing System
Bulk Jars Available for Larger Systems
Safe for Fresh and Saltwater Systems
About Fritz ParaCleanse
Fritz ParaCleanse treats and controls a wide variety of parasitic diseases. Use Fritz ParaCleanse for outbreaks of aquatic parasites including velvet (Oodinium dinoflagellates), hole-in-the-head disease (Hexamita sp. & Spironucleus), fish lice, or gill & skin flukes (Dactylogyrus & Gyrodactylus). This treatment is suitable for fresh and saltwater aquariums, and will not discolour the water. It does not harm, plants, other invertebrates or uninfected fish. It is also effective for some internal bacterial infections.
Fritz ParaCleanse is effective against velvet (Oodinium dinoflagellates), hole-in-the-head disease (Hexamita spp. & Spironucleus), fish lice, or gill & skin flukes (Dactylogyrus & Gyrodactylus). Symptoms can include white stringy faeces, scratching or flashing, erosion of head or lateral line tissue, wasting, disinterest in food, rapid breathing or gasping,
ParaCleanse does not treat Nematodes or Roundworms. For these parasites, try Fritz Expel-P.
Active ingredient: Metronidazole and Praziquantel
Directions & Dosage
Use 1 packet ParaCleanse per 10 gallons (38 L) of water and repeat after 48 hours. Perform a water change 48 hours after the final dose. See below for instructions on treating tanks smaller than 10 gallons.
Day 1: Add the contents of one packet per 10 gallons (38 L) of water
Day 2: No treatment needed
Day 3: Add one packet per 10 gallons (38 L) of water
Day 4: No treatment needed
Day 5: Perform a 25% water change
Day 6: Repeat this five-day treatment if symptoms improve, but have not completely disappeared.
- For best results, use ParaCleanse in a quarantine tank
- Remove carbon and other chemical filtration during treatment, maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers during treatment
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with invertebrates
- Can also be used as a food soak; see FAQ for recipe
- Safe for use with plants
- Will not colour or cloud aquarium water
- Do not perform water changes during the course of treatment. ParaCleanse may inhibit nitrifying bacteria. If ammonia or nitrite is a concern, detoxify during treatment with Fritz A.C.C.R. or Fritz Complete
- Overdosed? Perform a water change if distress is observed
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Each packet contains 250 mg metronidazole and 75 mg praziquantel
Note: KEEP OUT OR REACH OF CHILDREN. FOR AQUARIUM USE ONLY. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in the diagnosis of disease-causing organisms and treatment options.
WARNING: THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE WITH ORNAMENTAL ORGANISMS INDICATED AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH OTHER ANIMALS, HUMANS, OR FISH FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. This product contains chemicals, including metronidazole, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer